Fleet Risk Services
AB Phillips Fleet Risk Services takes the stress out of managing motor vehicle incidents and driver safety in your fleet. We know that the long-term cost of running a fleet can have a significant impact on the profitability of a company.
AB Phillips Fleet Risk Services can reduce insurance and claims costs by offering a comprehensive risk program including:
Protecting your assets and resources is fundamental to our business. We take the time to analyse your risks and customise a comprehensive insurance program that provides the appropriate protection. Together with our combined Fleet Risk Services we are able to work closely with insurers to help you reduce premium excesses, claims and associated costs.
We have strong relationships with insurance companies to meet these needs and we believe that these services combined, add real value by reducing their overall insurance costs.
Incident Review Services
Our Review Services provide an overall summary of your incidents, claims, trends and their causes for the past three years taking into consideration:
- Current Insurance program (including premium and excesses).
- Claims history.
- Incident history (below excess, unclaimed).
- Incident trends and causes.
We will provide appropriate solutions and recommendations.
Incident Management Service
Our 1800 Incident Management Service will assist drivers in the unfortunate event of an incident or major accident 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Incident Support Services:
We can assist drivers at the site of the accident with emergency assistance such as:
- Medical requirements.
- Relaying messages to vital people.
- Arranging alternative transport.
- 24/7 claim lodgement via phone or online for all cars, trucks and plant equipment i.e. forklifts etc.
- Manage and collect information about all incidents and claims and provide online access to all amendments and claim related actions.
Third Party Claims Management:
- Undertake all negotiations with third party and their insurers.
- Manage all settlement on liability claims.
- Undertake recovery action with third parties.
- Obtain legal opinion(s) where necessary.
- Manage the repair process from pick up to completion.
- Allocated vehicles to preferred repairers or approved repairers.
- Manage repair process where your driver is liable and reduce repair cost.
- Manage salvage process.
- Provide a hire car during the repair process.
- Provide access to an online monitoring and reporting program of active claims.
- Historical claims data for reporting needs.
Incident Prevention Services
We take the data from the reported incidents and together with historical claims records, we can identify trends and causes of incidents and implement a Mitigation Strategy. A Mitigation Strategy will not only reduce a fleet’s incident rate and ultimately costs and premiums, but most importantly reduce the risk for your employees when driving.
The following components are included:
- Creation of Individual driver risk profiles.
- ‘One on one’ review sessions with high risk drivers.
- Quarterly risk review meetings providing a snap-shot overview and benchmarking of a fleets incident history for the preceding period and recommendations to reduce incident trends.
- A detailed annual Risk Review that analyses causes and trends in more detail and outlines appropriate mitigation strategies that can be undertaken to reduce identified causes.
- On-line safety news broadcasts and recommendations.
After analysing the data, a targeted reduction strategy is developed by identifying the offending drivers and the most common cause(s) of incidents. A targeted approach is adopted rather than a broad brush, more costly approach.
Examples of Mitigation Strategies
Some examples of Mitigation Strategies include:
- Safety Policy.
- Managing and maintaining a safety related section on a businesses intranet site.
- Driver training, either using online training or behavioural modification driver training.
- Driver counselling - 1:1 with reoffending drivers to identify cause of driving habits and establish appropriate resolve.
- In-house facilitation of a driver safety program in support of the businesses OH&S requirements.
- On-line software that provides the ability to monitor and measure employees driving performance over a designated period.
- Preparation of a measureable incident reduction strategy tailored to meet identified needs.
- The use of appropriate Telematics.
- On-line safety newsletters.
Click here to read a case study about how small changes saved Paper Freight Australia over $25,000.
Contact us for more information
Call Tony Robinson, Fleet Services Manager on 03 8586 9333 for a chat or email email@example.com