Accidental damage to a client's property


Do I have cover should I accidentally damage my client’s home, driveway or personal property during the course of building their pool or spa?

A public liability policy covers your business for third party bodily injury and property damage arising from you or your staff’s negligence. If your clients’ property was to be damaged as a result of your negligence or if a third party was injured on the worksite arising from your negligence, this policy would provide cover.

IMPORTANT NOTE – your public liability policy will not extend to include cover for claims arising from your sub-contractors negligence. I strongly suggest that whenever engaging subcontractors, your request a copy of their public liability insurance.

Got questions? Call Sarah at AB Phillips today on 1300 242 136 or email